Monday 28 July 2008

First day

My first day was uneventful.  The security people had my room key, but not my i.d. request from personnel, which felt inauspicious.  However, the first doctor I saw was a lovely surgeon, my favourite in fact, who had told me in my finals OSCE that I should come and be her house officer!  That felt a bit more auspicious and I cheered up.  The rest of the day was spent doing administrative things.  The talk was good, the medical staffing team organised, efficient and excellent (I know, I was shocked too!), but the IT training was incredibly slow, in a hot room, after lunch.  I am still impressed that I stayed awake through the whole hour and a half.  The only other bonus was finding another silly creature who likes spending their weekends cycling around big hills looking for good views, tired legs and pubs.  She and I will no doubt be off on bikes in the near future.  No medicine today, but shadowing my predecessor tomorrow, so no doubt I will have some more to report anon.

1 comment:

Nurse To Doc said...

Hello
Am looking forward to hear how you get on in the next few weeks - Good luck
xx