Sunday 25 May 2008

Pathology

So today I have been trying to read pathology for surgery, and I was so bored I could have eaten my own brain with a spoon. Luckily, I decided watching "Mean Girls' on tv was a better plan. And drinking Pimms. Oh dear. I have to say, it's a good thing for patients everywhere that I want to be a surgeon and not a histopath or they would be in real trouble. So far, I have worked out what red blood cells look like under the microscope and then I gave up. I can just about manage to pay attention enough to have learned the acid-base stuff and calcium metabolism. But that felt like such an achievement that I got nothing else much done after it.

Oh dear. I know that revision always makes every subject feel awful and dull, but I do hope that I get my joy back before I start FY1 in August. I really have lost interest at the moment.

No comments: