Monday 26 May 2008

Charlie Brooker and the pathology of heart disease

Yesterday I abandoned ship. There's only so much time you can spend in your room with a laptop and a pathology revision guide without very bad things happening to your will to live. I ran away to my parent's house and spent the day there, with the laptop and the pathology, but most importantly, a kitten. I felt much better reading with a kitten on my knee.

This morning I was back in my flat, with (you guessed it) the laptop and the pathology. No kittens available here, so instead I have the Guardian online and the joys of Charlie Brooker. He is the perfect expression of how I feel about the world at the moment, that is, not friendly toward it. Not only is it raining, Boris is Mayor of London, people are dying in China and Burma, not to mention Iraq, Sudan and Afghanistan, AND I have to revise. Oh what a joy to be alive. So, now I am still avoiding work, but with a warm love for grumpy Charlie B in my heart and a cup of tea.

If I pass these exams, I shall have write him a thank you note.

No comments: