Tuesday 16 October 2007

To go or not to go

To answer Little Medic, who knows where I shall go! The other major issue with the evil application forms is where to apply. All deaneries with have their equivalent of Chase Farm, or Maidstone, the only difference being you don't know in advance which one it is outside your medical school. So, to stay in London or not, question one. I think I lack the balls to go, as it were. My friends and family are here, and when you get down to it, that's what makes me happy. Then, to stay in the deanery related to my medical school or go elsewhere. Pro of staying: I know most of the ophthalmologists and they know me and that's what I one day want to do. Con: I will feel as though I never left medical school. Pro of going: if I want to experience a new hospital/area, I will be in the same boat as a whole bunch of other new FY1s and it will be easy to make friends and settle in this time around maybe more than later. Con: I am a scaredy cat.

1 comment:

Bible Believing Christian said...

Lol. I am a similar scaredy cat. I wish I wasn't. Perhaps if my form is crap enough I will get to go to somewhere new without having to actively make the decision.